Alexandras Airport Transportation - Treasure Coast Airport shuttle company Warning

WARNING - Do not use Alexandra's Airport Transportation - aka - - his name is John Wetherbee, he is a one man show and operates out of Palm City, FL. Today, while bringing a service disabled veteran and his 9 year old son to the airport, they made a pit-stop along the way, the 9 year old boy found the Owner of the company John Wetherbee unzipping and going through their luggage. he had removed a few items and was digging through their personal belongings. The 9 year old boy did not mention anything until the ride to the airport resumed at which time the father - a service disabled veteran, confronted John Wetherbee who lost his cool, embarrassed that he was caught, pulled the car over at a vacant barren rest stop on I-95, took their luggage out of the trunk, threw the bags to the curb and kicked them out.

If you ever used this company and realized that you are missing items from your bags - that were possibly out of your sight - please call the Saint Lucie Sheriffs' Dept.

If you still choose to use this company, do not let your things out of your line of sight.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 27, 2015 #1054316

We recently used Treasure Coast Airport Shuttle and can't say enough good about our experience. John Weatherbee was prompt and patient with all our inquiries, had his drivers show up on time, had great clean vehicles and the drivers were a treat to visit with.
My husband and I highly recommend this company to anyone that needs shuttle service.
D Wilson, British Columbia, Canadda

Owner of a Prime Contractor to

Nov 21, 2012 #572149

I too am a Veteran, having served proudly onboard nuclear submarines. I thought I should weigh in on this posting because I have used John Wetherbee extensively for years and actually have a link to his website from my own as I endorse him wholeheartedly.

In getting to know John over the years I have known him to be an extremely professional, punctual and respectful individual that I would trust taking my children to the airport without supervision. He was an engineer most of his career at Savannah River and other major companies and is quite organized. I have watched him grow company through hard work and dedication, which have resulted in a great deal of repeat business (including my own).

As far as the service disabled Vet from Orlando, it's a shame that we have unscrupulous liars such as yourself using your veteran status to illicit the sympathy of others. Your actions resulted in getting what you deserved....being put to the curb because you lied yourself through a fare that would have cost you twice as much had you been honest about your intentions. I'm not going to challenge you about being disabled, but it doesn't take much to determine whether you were entirely honest about your status.

As to the comment from Treasure Coast Airport Shuttle, even a 10 year old can spot the conflict of interest in another airport shuttle company making personal attacks on his competition without knowing either party. You did not
... Show more

Frances Bradley

Oct 16, 2011 #359663

I continue to give John Wetherbee the benefit of the doubt. I doubt very much that the gentleman told John that he was a "service disabled veteran" at the time of the incident. Perhaps had he told that to John, the entire incident would have ended differently. Put yourself in John's shoes. He picks up two people who are going to the airport (65 minutes). The passenger requests a "quick stop for 5 minutes" in the opposite direction. 45 minutes later and finally heading to the airport, the passenger accuses you of going through their luggage. Other paying passengers are waiting. This possibly will not end well at the airport. Not necessarily the best solution to pull over and leave them at the rest stop...but ALSO NOT INTENTIONALLY DISRESPECTING A U.S. VETERAN. The Good Lord sees people's hearts and forgives us. We might consider doing the same.

John Wetherbee

Oct 12, 2011 #357658

I found the veteran, who was not apparently disabled in anyway, an individual not to be trusted within the first 30 minutes of us meeting. When I picked him up, he told me that we needed to travel to an office that would be five minutes away, and that he was just stepping in to obtain an item and come right out.

As it turned out, the drive to get to his suggested locale was fifteen minutes, in the opposite direction we were going. On the way to the locale, he notified me three times, please note, three times, that he was going in only for a moment, and that he would stepping in only to retrieve an item. After 10 minutes of waiting, I called him and told him that I needed to go, and he said he would be right out. I could not believe my eyes, as I watched him from outside, sitting down and continue talking to someone, yet for another 10 minutes after my call.

Since the trip which was to take one hour and five minutes, was already delayed by forty five minutes, and I had other passengers to pick up, I proceeded to take out his luggage, and was going to suggest to him to call one of my network drivers to drive him, as I no longer could. As I was taking the bags out of the car, they both came out and I decided to drive them anyway, and it was at that instant, that they felt I was checking their bags, but indeed I was not. Why would I want to do that anyway?

As I started driving them again, I was very uncomfortable with the man,
... Show more

Treasure Coast Airport Shuttle

Oct 11, 2011 #357105

What is this country coming to - I too am a Retired Veteran living in Saint Lucie County & work In Martin County. Veterans and seniors - stay away from this company - I looked at his web-site, it is cheezy and cheep - just like his TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR UNITED STATES VETERANS.
To my military vet "BROTHA" - I got your back pal - just like you had our back defending this country - so *** like John Wetherbee can own the piece of *&#@ business he does. Instead of thanking you for your service to this fine country of ours - he threw you to the curb.

CARMA - The good Lord will see that he gets his - you don't worry a bit.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Alexandras Airport Transportation. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Alexandras Airport Transportation.
Filing a new complaint about